Someone is using my music without my permission! What can I do?

Last updated on
November 15, 2023

If you find that your music has been uploaded to streaming services by someone else, here's what you can do:

Report to Streaming Services: Each streaming service has its own process for reporting content infringement. You can file a DMCA takedown request with each service. Here are links to some of the major ones:

  1. Spotify: Infringement Form
  2. iTunes: iTunes Store Notices
  3. YouTube Music: Legal Troubleshooter
  4. Amazon: Report Infringement
  5. TIDAL: Support Request
  6. TikTok: Copyright Report
  7. Facebook: Copyright Form
  8. Deezer: Support Request

Illegal Music Sites: If your music is on an illegal site:

  1. Report to Google AdWords under the DMCA if the site uses Google advertising. This can help stop streaming or downloading of your content temporarily.
  2. Use the same DMCA procedure for Facebook.
  3. Find out who owns the web domain by visiting www.whois.com and contact them directly.

Contact Our Support Team: If you're unsure about how to proceed, contact our support team. While we can't offer legal advice, we can guide you on the best steps to take.

Looking for tips in the music indutry? 

Check out the Unchained Artist Academy.

Still looking for support?

Response times by plan:
Core Tier
5 Business Days
Grow Tier
3 Business Days
Pro Tier
2 Business Days
< 24 Hours